When To Call Us
Caring for an aging loved one can be overwhelming and stressful. Many times, family members feel uncertain about making elder care decisions because of the complexity of the healthcare system or difficulty in objectively assessing a loved one’s true situation. Our advocates provide objective, knowledgeable advice when and where you need it.
Here are situations where My Elder Advocate can help:
– Your Elder’s 70th Birthday. Preparing for a loved one’s changing financial, insurance, physical and emotional needs as they age is key to the quality of life for elders as they age. There are a number of financial and insurance changes you need to make now that pave the wave for the future.
– When you notice a change in your loved one’s physical condition. Some changes that you may notice are:
- Changes in behavior
- Loss of memory
- Loss of mobility
- Loss of appetite
- Frequent hospitalizations
- Onset of Dementia or signs of Alzheimer’s Disease.
– Any time there is a planned or unplanned hospital stay. This is a good time to engage an elder advocate to protect your interests and rights at a time when you and your elder might be very vulnerable.
– Before discharge from a hospital or nursing home. Hospitals are incentivized to free up beds as quickly as possible. Sometimes they may discharge an elder to a nursing home or rehabilitation facility before he or she is well enough to leave. An elder advocate is there to make sure that all your rights regarding discharge are protected.
– Anytime you feel a hospital, assisted living facility or nursing home is rushing you or forcing you to make a decision about discharge or moving to a new facility
– Anytime you feel your loved one is not getting the care they deserve and need regardless of where it occurs.
– When any elder crisis occurs.
– When any facility tries to illegally evict you or your loved one.
– If you and your loved one live a distance from each other.
– Any time, anywhere*
* Our annual subscription service allow you to access one of our local advocates for advice any time there is a change or need for additional services throughout the year.